Deli & PIzzeria Help Needed
Looking for someone at
deli & pizzeria business.
Must be 20 years or older.
Apply in person at:
The Gainesville Store, 15 N. Main Street, Gainesville
WYOMING COUNTY COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEM
Join an outstanding team of healthcare professionals and enjoy an exceptional benefit package!
DIETARY: Food Service Helper PT .
$12.88/hr. starting wage - Serving, cleaning, dishwashing and other duties as assigned.
C.N.A’s, PT and FT– SNF – 12 Hour Shifts
$14.45/hr. starting wage - Eligible for up to a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
LPN – Skilled Nursing Facility – FT and Per Diem/Current NYS license as an LPN.
REGISTERED NURSES – ER, OB, OR and MHU
Full-time, part-time and Per Diem positions available. Must be licensed and registered as a RPN in New York State. One (1) year experience is preferred.
Operating Room Technician II (PT)
Responsible for assisting with the care OR patients, specifically with the preparation and maintenance of surgical supplies. Certification of completion or graduation from a Surgical Technology Course through an accredited program and certification through a recognized certifying council following passing of National Exam within six (6) months of hire date AND a minimum of one (1) year surgical technology experience preferred.
Wyoming County Human Resource
Thomson Hall | 338 North Main Street |Warsaw, NY 14569
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer TDD 800 662 1220
Apply on line at http://www.coastprofessional.com/PennySaver
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level to support all employees in the designated office. This position carries out responsibilities in the functional areas of benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains employee records, benefits and payroll reports.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Enforces policies and procedures with management.
- Administers corrective action processes, terminations and prepares termination documents/ final check information and exit interviews.
- Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Process all new hires and paperwork into online systems.
- Performs prescreening requirements such as background checks, default student loan checks and verification of previous employment to all new hire clearance is completed.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for submitting requests to Department of Education.
- Maintains affirmative action program; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Provides public information such as verifying employment and employee requested information.
- Communicates and conducts training on various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Responds to unemployment issues
- Performs benefits administration to include change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Associates degree from an accredited college with major course works in human resources, business administration, marketing or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with recruiting, payroll, employee relations, Affirmative Action, and unemployment highly preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resources specifically payroll, benefits, and 401K.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Establish a good working relationship with team members and internal contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided.
- Working knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Professional attitude, enthusiastic, and reliable
- Effective professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Display solid working knowledge of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-point
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to comply with rules, regulations, laws and methods as related to debt collection.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in the absence of immediate supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check
- Standard work week is Monday through Friday, hours to be consistent with business unit; some off hours work expected.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the physical presence in the workplace is essential. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required by the job incumbent. Nothing in the herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Coast Professional, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EducationPreferredHigh School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.